ECS Leadership Development and Induction Programme
Our leadership development programme is available to new Headteachers and information would be provided by Quality Improvement Officer Leadership and Development
Leading and Managing People through Change
This programme will be offered next session in partnership with leadership consultant Jane Mudd of “The Mudd Partnership”.
The programme is suitable for ECS employees in a manager role and is open to Depute Head Teachers and other ECS Managers who have responsibility for leading a team and managing change and improvement. You will need approval from your line manager to attend for this programme and as a participant you are required to be working within an organisation or role where you can demonstrate skills and apply knowledge within the workplace.
The programme will run from October 2018 until May 2019 over 6 days. Some elements of the programme are described below:
- Introduction to the Programme and Culture, Values and Ethics
- The Role of a Leader and Manager
- The Importance of Effective Communication - conversation techniques to motivate and mange performance
- The Importance of Effective Conversations - Handling difficult conversations
- Establishing Trust and Respect in a team and encouraging and motivating a team
- Leading and Managing Change
- Leadership Styles
To apply please complete the Course Application Form - Click Here and email the completed form to SchoolImprovement@pkc.gov.uk by Monday 27 September 2018.
Professional Learning Leadership and SCEL
Into the Headship
In the Headship
Please refer to the SCEL website for the recruitment process for the above programmes
Useful Leadership Links
SCEL (Scottish College for Educational Leadership)
GTCS Standards for Leadership and Management
CMI (Chartered Management Institute)
ESHA (European School Heads Association)